Online Accelerated M.S.Ed. in Instructional Technology
K-12 Technology Specialist
Think you're too busy to become a trailblazer in instructional technology? Think again. Four semesters is all you'll need to complete our online accelerated M.S.Ed. in Instructional Technology degree with a K-12 Technology Specialist Entitlement. And we're ready when you are: New cohorts begin each year! You'll meet online for coursework grouped to integrate complementary topics, and attend occasional pre-scheduled, face-to-face meetings each term at NIU campuses. You'll also enjoy the professional collaboration and continuity of a cohort through shared experiences and networking. Our program meets Illinois State Board of Education standards.
If you hold a baccalaureate degree (or higher), submit your application and application fee, letters of recommendation, official test scores (GRE or MAT), a statement of purpose and official transcripts from all institutions attended.
We're the state's largest public university producer of Educational Technology graduates. Our online M.S.Ed. in Instructional Technology program ranks No. 5 in the country for 2018, according to U.S. News & World Report! This marks our sixth consecutive spot among the nation's Top 5. Our faculty-designed online graduate courses received the Blackboard Best Online Course Design Award for the last three years.
- ETT 510: Instructional Media and Technology
- ETT 570: IT Administration
- ETT 592: Learn-IT Orientation to Online Learning
- ETT 535: Distance Ed. Design and Delivery
- ETT 536: Web Based Learning
- ETT 553: Professional Standards in IT
- ETT 573: Instructional Technology Facilities
- ETR531/ETR537 Program Evaluation/Learning Analytics
- ETT511/ETT556 Visual literacy/User Experience Design
- ETT 560: Instructional Design
- ETT 569: Practicum
- ETT 587: Comprehensive Exam, ePortfolio
- ETT 592: Learn-IT
Educational Technology, Research and Assessment
Gabel Hall 208
DeKalb, IL 60115