The Educational Technology, Research, and Assessment (ETRA) Department, a dynamic and collaborative community of scholars, is dedicated to responsible research and reflective practice to promote innovative learning environments and improved learning outcomes for all learners. The ETRA Department serves graduate students in the College of Education with three degree programs including MSEd in Instructional Technology, PhD in Instructional Technology, various CGS and state entitlement and endorsement programs, and an MS in Educational Research and Evaluation, as well as a Bachelor of Science degree completion program in Applied Management with an emphasis on Instructional Technology, Training & Evaluation (BSAM-ITTE).
Join us May 6! Register today!
Online Accelerated M.S.Ed. in Instructional Technology with Technology Specialist entitlement, you can earn the degree and complete in 4 semesters (15mos)!
- TS8 beginning Summer (May) 2017! Still time
- TS Online Cohort 7.0 from Summer 2016
- TS Online Cohort 6.0 from Fall 2015
- TS Online Cohort Huntley
- Current Program Flyer
Ph.D. Cohort in Instructional Technology
ETRA Professor Thomas Smith's Research in Animal Science Continues to Garner Media Attention.
Anxiety and impulsivity: Factors associated with premature graying in young dogs.
Hope we saw you at the 2017 ICE Conference!
Looking for more regional conferences:
ETRA Learn-IT Annual Conference 2017: May 6 Watch here for announcements & registration information
More than 100 participants gather for the one-day event to explore tools and strategies for integrating technology for learning and assessment in meaningful ways. To see last year's event visit: conference site.
- ETRA Professor Thomas Smith awarded NIU's 2017 Presidential Teaching Professor
- ETRA Professor Thomas Smith’s Research in Animal Behavior Science Continues to Garner Media Attention
- ETRA professor emerita Dr. Rebecca Butler's new book receives the fifth annual SLC/ARBA Best of Reference Award
- ETRA professor Dr. Laura Johnson's new book published!
- ETRA professor Dr. Andrew Tawfik's ETR&D article receives AECT D&D Outstanding Journal Article Award.
- ETRA professor Dr. Cindy York receives AECT Presidential Award
- ETRA professor Dr. Pi-Sui Hsu receives Taiwan Ministry of Education funding for study
- ETRA professor Dr. Tom Smith supports development of new Braille training
- ETRA doctoral student is founder of first educational technology journal in Saudi Arabia
- ETRA graduate students to be initiated into Educational Honor SocietyETRA doctoral student appointed to board position of Golden Key Honor Society
- Academic Programs
Educational Technology, Research and Assessment
Gabel Hall 208
DeKalb, IL 60115
(815) 753-9339 phone
(815) 753-9388 fax